How To Extend The Battery Life Of The ZTE ZMAX Z970 Phone
Considering what the competing cell phone companies are charging (an arm and a leg) for a smart phone with comparable features and specifications, one can’t help but acknowledging that the ZTE ZMAX Z970 is a steal at a price range of $99.00 – $250.00.
Features & Specifications
While we are not going to bore with and elaborate on each and every feature and specification, we’ll stick only to the ones that matter most to you, in our opinion. If you want to see a complete list of features and specifications, read ZTE ZMAX Z970 Phone | The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
|Mobile Hotspot Ready to share your phone's internet connection with Wi-Fi enable electronics such as laptops, tablets, etc.,||Auto-focus 8MP front camera and 1.6MP rear camera to take pictures and shoot videos at a 1080p resolution, 4x zoom, 9 modes operation video/camera,|
|Internal Memory 2GB RAM – 16GB ROM, expandable to 32GB microSD Card,||The large screen (5.7”) is ideal for web browsing, book reading, and video watching|
|WiFi Calling Capable,||Multi Media Player,|
|Conference Calling,||3.5mm Audio Jack,|
|GPS Connectivity,||Speaker Phone,|
|Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T3, Dual Mic Noise Suppression, Dolby DM3+||Processor Type: CPU 1.2GHz Quad Core MSM 8926.|
The battery’s Talk Time and Standby Time are respectively up to 14 hours and 15 days. Great! But in there lies the rub: The battery is not swappable. Read on.
Lithium-Ion Batteries Do Cycle Out
Despite its generous Talk and Standby Times, this 3400 mAh Lithium-ion battery will cycle out overtime – meaning when the number of predetermined times it can be discharged and recharged has run its course, the battery will become useless: it can no longer be recharged, is not swappable, but can only be recycled and replaced. The cumbersome process to replace the unswappable battery is a major drawback. Watch the video .
All Smart Phones Are Not Created Equal
Unlike smart phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Alpha, LG G3, myTouch by LG (E739), etc. whose batteries are swappable, the ZTE ZMAX Z970’s is not. The battery is sealed. To have it replaced, you must ship the phone to ZTE or bring it to an authorized service provider, an inconvenience that could have been avoided, had ZTE made a phone with swappable battery to begin with.
In an attempt to circumvent that roadblock, despite warnings from ZTE against tampering, the DIY-minded consumer can’t resist the temptation to tinker with the phone and ends up damaging it in the process.
How to Extend the Battery Life
In this article, we’ll show the few steps to take to prolong your cell phone’s battery life. For the long version of how to extend the ZTE ZMAX Z070’s battery life, read the User Manual and Safety Information
Steps to Take
- Turn off battery vampires such as radio communications, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other apps, when not in use.
- Reduce screen brightness if it does not interfere with visual acuity for reading and watching videos.
- Keep the battery charged at all times (How to Charge Your Cell Phone for Free and $ave Money).
- Disconnect the cell phone when the battery is fully charged. Overcharging the battery will damage it, hence reducing its life expectancy.
- When it is ¾ discharged, if you are in the middle of browsing the web or shooting a video, instead of putting up with the inconvenience of stopping what you are doing to just recharge the battery, use a Universal Battery Pack for Mobile Devices instead.
How to Use the Universal Battery Pack
The Universal Battery Pack package comes with a micro USB Charging Cable (charger not included) and a 2600 mAh Capacity Samsung Lithium Battery .
- Read the instructions on the back of the package.
- Charge the Universal Battery first, by turning Off the ON/OFF Button and inserting the micro end of the micro USB Cable into the micro USB IN Port, and the other end into your Cell Phone’s Charger. The LED indicator will turn red, then Off once the pack is fully charged. Disconnect at once.
- Connect the micro end of the USB Cable into the Cell Phone’s micro Charging Port, and the other end into the Universal Battery Pack’s USB OUT Port. Turn On the ON/OFF Button. The blue LED will illuminate. Your Cell Phone’s Charging Icon(s) should indicate that it’s being charged.
This exercise simply means that, instead of running your Cell Phone off of its battery, you are running it off of the Universal Battery Pack, saving your cell phone’s battery from a complete depletion, and extending its life henceforth. The same battery-saving and life-extending methods can be applied to any Cell Phone, Tablet, Camera, MP3 Player, etc., with a functional USB Charging Port.
The less often the battery is discharged and recharged, the longer it takes to cycle out, hence extending its useful lifespan.
Universal Battery Pack: An Indispensable Accessory
The Universal Battery Pack, at this juncture, is no longer an accessory, but an integral part of your cell phone’s accoutrement, as are headset and protective case.
The Universal Battery Packs are functional, practical, and inexpensive, which makes them great gift ideas. Carry them in your purse, in your car’s glove compartment, give them to friends and family.
Your cell phone’s battery life can be extended by plugging its USB cable into a Compact Power Supply Unit‘s USB Port or 12V DC Power Socket Outlet. This Multi-Purpose Unit, a source of AC/DC power, in addition to charging your cell phone, can:
- Jump-start a car
- Inflate tires
- Provide emergency lighting and a notion of time (Power Dome NX 2485‘s Digital Clock)
- Play AM/FM radio and MP3s (Power Dome EX 2454 & Power Dome NX 2485)
- Power small TV sets and appliances, etc.
We hope that this article has contributed or will contribute to the longevity of your cell phone’s battery, if the suggestions made herein are implemented. Enjoy!